The First Tennessee Visa® Companion Card℠ is a simple way to manage cash or make purchases using a reloadable card – for those with or without a checking account. Once you’ve added funds to the card, you can use it to make purchases online or anywhere Visa debit is accepted. You can even use it to get cash from an ATM*.
You can also download the Companion Card Mobile app to see your transactions, check your balance, load money to your card - all while you're on the go! Download the app today.
- Easy to load – Add funds via cash at a financial center**, funds transfer from any Visa or Master Card account (credit or debit), and direct deposit
- Secure – Avoid the risk of overdraft fees and it's safer than carrying cash or checks. Also eligible for Visa's Zero Liability Policy1
- Online convenience – You can purchase and fund the card completely online, as well as receive online monthly statements
- Great for travel – Can be used internationally provided a travel notice is provided to Customer Service in advance of travel outside the U.S.
- Alert enabled – Stay up to date with text and email alerts available based upon criteria you select
- Cost-effective – No purchase fee, and only a $3 monthly fee*
- Get started quickly – Purchase online or visit a financial center for assistance in purchasing and setting up your card**
So whether you're looking for an alternative to a traditional checking account, or something to compliment it, take a Companion Card with you wherever you go!
*ATM fees apply. No purchase fee. $3 monthly fee applies. Other fees may apply. See
**There is a $2.00 load fee for funds loaded through a teller in a financial center. No charge for loads online or by direct deposit
Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit