Supplemental Insurance Privacy Notice
For our California insurance (including annuity) customers
This privacy notice supplements the Privacy Notice for Customers of the First Horizon and First Tennessee Family of Companies (the "Corporate Notice"). It provides additional information about our privacy policies as they apply to our individual customers who obtain insurance products and services for personal, family or household purposes as well as information we may obtain in connection with insurance transactions conducted on your behalf. To the extent that any policies or practices in this Supplement conflict with policies or practices in the Corporate Notice, this Supplement will control with respect to information we collect related to any insurance transaction you request from us.
OUR INSURANCE PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
I. Information we collect
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms and other oral, written or electronic communications.
- Information we receive from the companies we represent which provide insurance policies to you.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and persons providing services in connection with your transactions.
- Information about your transactions with us, the companies we represent, or our affiliates.
- Information we receive from health care providers about your past or current health condition.
- Information from visits to our internet websites.
The type of information we collect is related to the products and services you request from us to service your policy and to determine your eligibility for other products and services and may include your name, address, social security number, driver license number, driving records, ownership of property, marital status, health information, transaction and claims history and other information.
We may collect personal information from sources other than the individual(s) proposed for coverage.
II. Disclosure of information to third parties
We do not disclose information we may obtain about you in connection with insurance transactions conducted on your behalf to third parties except as permitted or required by law. For example, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect as described above without your permission to the following types of third parties for the reasons described:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- To an insurance institution, agent, insurance support organization, or self-insurer in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with insurance transactions.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or insurance support organization to perform functions in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an operations or services audit.
- To an insurance regulatory authority.
- To a law enforcement, or other governmental authority pursuant to law.
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
In addition, where permitted by law, we may disclose the information we collect about you described above to our affiliates.
Information obtained from a report prepared by an insurance support organization may be retained by the insurance support organization and disclosed to other persons.
III. Accuracy of the personal information that we collect
We strive to maintain the accuracy of personal information we collect. In order to help us maintain accuracy, you have the right to reasonably access this information except for certain documents related to claims or litigation. If you believe any information about you in our possession is inaccurate, please notify us immediately and we will investigate and correct any errors that we find. Your request should be directed to: Insurance Privacy Officer, 165 Madison Ave., 14th Floor., Memphis, TN 38103.
IV. Other privacy protections and providers
In addition, insurance companies that issue your policies may have personal information about you. Our privacy notice does not govern their use of information about you. You should review the privacy notices of your insurance providers to understand how they collect, use and disclose information.
V. Changes to our supplemental insurance privacy notice
We reserve the right to change our privacy policies and insurance information practices. If we make any material changes to our policies or practices, we will provide you with a revised notice.