As a teller at First Tennessee, you have the daily opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while personally having a very rewarding career yourself. The training you'll receive as a teller will prepare you to offer professional advice along with First Tennessee's assortment of financial products and services to assist customers in meeting their short-term goals and long-term dreams.
Although our financial center hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, you can expect to work a 40-hour week. Although there are portions of each day that require a standard routine, no two days are ever the same. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ethically represent First Tennessee in all interactions
- Work within established policies, procedures and guidelines and embrace our Firstpower culture of candor, change, inclusion and teamwork
- Provide award-winning customer service with a positive attitude
- Plan and organize effectively to complete all tasks and responsibilities
- Process transactions accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of available products and services
- Follow up on opportunities to retain, expand and deepen customer relationships
- Ask questions and employ listening skills effectively to uncover customer needs and make referrals to the appropriate contacts
- Anticipate and prepare appropriate responses for common customer reactions
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and potentially mentor new employees
As a teller at First Tennessee, you can see that providing high quality customer service and financial solutions daily are critical to success. While the career is challenging, it's also very rewarding to know each day provides the opportunity to make a positive difference in someone's life.