First Tennessee is a regional financial services company with a history of strength and stability dating back to 1864. Today, our holding company, First Horizon National Corporation, NYSE: FHN, is one of the 24 largest publicly traded U.S. bank in terms of asset size.
|President & CEO
||D. Bryan Jordan
||First Tennessee Bank founded in 1864
||14.4% (Tier 1)
In recent years we have been recognized for our service, innovation and employee satisfaction, including:
- Phoenix-Hecht Treasury Management and Quality Index for customer service and overall relationship manager effectiveness, 2013
- Greenwich Excellence Awards – Twelve awards in Middle Market Banking, 2013
- Information Week's Top 500 for our excellent use of technology in support of corporate strategies, 2010-2013
- Working Mother magazine's annual list of the 100 Best Companies since 1995
- AARP Best Employers for Workers Over 50 list since 2003
- Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace in America since 2009
- National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) named us to their Top 50 Companies for Executive Women in 2009.
- Best Employers in Tennessee list for 2010
We are also proud of the steps we have taken to stabilize and strengthen our core business even as economic conditions have been challenging.
- Industry leading capital ratings
- As shown on the chart, FHN has one the strongest Tier 1 ratio among selected peers1
- Tier 1 Common ratio of 12.0% also well above the peer median of 10.4%2
- Strong deposit trends with average core deposits up 12% year over year for the Regional Bank
- Decreased reliance on credit sensitive borrowings
- Liquidity benefits from core funding with loans to core deposits at 95%
- Proactive stance on credit
- Signs of credit improving
- Non-performing assets declined 36% from 1Q11 to 1Q12
- Net charge-offs decreasing 40% from 1Q11 to 1Q12
¹Source: SNL Financial. Peers chosen to be of comparable size/business model to FHN or operate in the same markets. Data as of 3Q11.
²Source: SNL. Peers include the top 50 publicly traded U.S. banks total asset size as of 3Q11.
³Source: SNL Financial as of 3Q11. Non-Performing Assets as reported by each company. Growth from 2Q11 to 3Q11