Designed for highly-compensated executives, Deferred Compensation Insurance is a life insurance policy that provides supplemental retirement benefits. By agreement, the company uses a portion of the executive's compensation to purchase a life insurance policy on his or her behalf, which then pays benefits at retirement – or pre-retirement benefits to heirs in the case of death.
- Plan has minimal ERISA requirements
- Participation is determined subjectively
- Your company elects to use life insurance to indirectly fund the deferred compensation program
- The policy is an asset on the company balance sheet
- The cash value accumulates on a cash-deferred basis
- Plan can be customized to meet individual needs
- Cash value is accumulated on a tax-deferred basis
- The plan, through the insurance policy's death benefit, can be self-completing in the event of the executive's death
- Payments are made to the executive at retirement to supplement retirement income or to the executive's family and heirs in the event of death
- Not A Deposit
- Not Guaranteed By The Bank Or Its Affiliates
- Not FDIC Insured
- Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency
- May Go Down In Value
- May Be Purchased From Any Agent or Company and the Customer's Choice
Will Not Affect Current or Future Credit Decisions
Personal and business insurance products are available through First Horizon Insurance Services, Inc. (FHIS), a subsidiary of First Tennessee Bank National Association (FTB). CA License #OD12174. In Tennessee and Mississippi, personal and business insurance products are available through First Tennessee Insurance Services, Inc. (FTIS), a subsidiary of FTB. FTIS and FHIS may transact insurance business only in the states where they are licensed or where they are excluded or exempted from state insurance licensing requirements.
Read additional information about insurance privacy policies and practices for certain states.