First Tennessee makes it easier to manage large deposits with CDARS®, the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®. Now, you can manage all of your deposits – up to $50 million – with maximum FDIC coverage under one roof.
- When you open a large deposit CD with us using CDARS, we disperse your money into CDs issued by other banks in the CDARS network of financial institutions.
- The CDs issued are in increments of less than the standard FDIC insurance coverage amount to provide you with maximum FDIC insurance.
- Minimum deposit of $100,000 required.
- We handle the transaction with the other banks.
- Terms are available from four weeks to three years with a minimum opening deposit of $100,000.
- Watch the 'How CDARS Works' video
- For more information, contact the CDARS Support Desk toll-free at 1-800-806-2815 or CDARS@FTB.com.
Funds may be submitted for placement through CDARS only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement. CDARS and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.